Plan to attend one of two Campus Conversations on House Bill 2519 ‘campus carry’ being considered in the West Virginia Legislature.
The conversations will be held:
- Thursday, February 14, 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. in the Mountainlair Gold Ballroom.
- Friday, February 15, 10 to 11 a.m. at the College of Law Event Center.
The events will be
facilitated by Rob Alsop, vice president for Strategic Initiatives.
The conversation will focus on:
- Background on House Bill 2519,
- the current state laws and WVU policies regarding firearms on campus, and
- an overview of the legislation’s content and its implications at the University.
Both sessions also will be available to watch live so all WVU campuses may participate. Supervisors are encouraged to allow their staff to attend or view the discussion as long as their operational needs permit.
RSVPs are requested, but not required. Email email@example.com to register.
Visit bureaucracybusters.wvu.edu/campus-conversations for more information on Campus Conversations.
Watch a video with Rob Alsop explaining how WVU is engaged with the Legislature on this issue and ways that you can monitor the bill’s progress and share your thoughts with legislators.