About MOUNTAINEER E-News
In response to requests and comments gathered in a survey of MOUNTAINEER E-News readers, University Relations/Communications has revamped the daily e-mail, taking advantage of changes in the delivery platform that allow readers to customize what they receive.
The initial version of the new email you receive has all categories selected, but if you want to see only selected ones, go to the bottom of your MOUNTAINEER E-News email, select “Edit preferences,” and check the ones you want. Don’t forget to hit “Update profile” when you’re finished.
After that, you will see only the day’s featured items at the top, plus new entries from your selected categories.
You may edit or update your preferences as often as you like.
E-News submission guidelines
- For an item to be considered for MOUNTAINEER E-News, it must be involve an official WVU unit, or have some other direct connection to the University and its related organizations or initiatives. While in some instances, E-News will feature an event that is hosted at a WVU facility, just being held at WVU is not sufficient reason to be included. The final decision to include or not include an announcement in E-News is at the discretion of the editors.
- Send items directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. E-News is handled by different individuals, so sending to email@example.com will insure it is seen by the editor.
- Items for E-News are intended for University faculty, staff and administrators. Announcements for students should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. These submissions will be published on the WVU Students website.
- Brief, concise notices are best - a link to a longer version of the story or additional resources (photos, etc.) are helpful. Please include a descriptive headline; date; time; place; brief description of event/award, etc.; contact; RSVP date, if applicable; the specific date when the E-News notice should run (Note: E-News tries to accommodate requests to run announcements multiple times – but not more than once a week, and not more than twice.)
- Use our submission form to submit to E-News.
- Job openings are not included in E-News. Please direct this information to the Division of Human Resources at email@example.com.
- E-News does not accept solicitations or fundraising requests, except as in accord with the University’s Concessions and Solicitation Policy.
- The MOUNTAINEER E-News email will be distributed once daily, during mid-morning. The companion website will be updated daily.
- If events require, such as in a campus emergency, announcements will be sent immediately. Deadline for submission is at least 48 hours in advance of publication. Check your E-News subscription: firstname.lastname@example.org.