Nominate commuter students to win parking permit

Commuter Students

Commuter Student Programs within the Office of Campus and Community Life recently sponsored a parking giveaway to give back to our hard-working commuter students.

Five lucky commuter students received one month of free parking while one student received a one-year student parking permit, chosen from the more than 200 submissions. 

Each student expressed their gratitude and explained how this gift will help them with their commute to campus.

“This will really help me out. My everyday commute to school is about 35-40 minutes each way, depending on traffic,” said Darian Brewer, a freshman at WVU. “Having this permit will allow me to get to my classes on time and leave me more time to study.”

“Having a place to park will make it easier for me to study and excel in the classroom,” said Robin Anderson, a freshman who won a one-year parking permit. “I am a student-athlete, and having the ability to pick up my teammates for practices or anything else is huge.”

Due to the overwhelming response to the previous parking giveaway, Commuter Student Programs is accepting additional nominations during Commuter Appreciation Week. The nomination deadline is Friday (April 19). 

Nominate a deserving commuter student to win a parking pass.

Keep an eye on the @WVUCommuters social media accounts or visit campuslife.wvu.edu to learn more about Commuter Programs.