Libraries offering Scholarly Communication workshop series

evansdale library exterior

Intended for early career faculty and graduate students, the Scholarly Communication workshops from WVU Libraries are designed to help you maximize your scholarly presence, find the right journal to publish in and measure your scholarly impact.

Introduction to Research Data Management
Participants will learn how to manage research data throughout its life cycle: creation, processing, analysis, preservation and reuse. Topics covered include organizing data, using file-naming conventions, writing a data management plan and preparing to share data.

Register for the workshop scheduled from 1-2 p.m. Monday, Feb. 13 

Register for the workshop scheduled from 11 a.m. to noon Wednesday, Feb. 15

Licensing your Data for Open Science
If I deposit data from my own experiment, can I control how other people use it? Can data be copyrighted? Why should I openly license my data? In this workshop, we will explore questions such as these, and give suggestions on data sharing and reuse. We'll also address why openly licensing your data can avoid copyright issues for international collaboration.

Register for the workshop scheduled from 3-4 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 14

Writing about Data: A Scientific Writing Workshop
This workshop will explain the conventions of writing about data, including integrating tables and graphs and writing successful summaries.

Register for the workshop scheduled from 4-5:30 Wednesday, Feb. 15

Find and register for Library and Research Commons workshops.