West Virginia University students, faculty and staff will not be required to take the COVID-19 daily wellness survey Saturday, Nov. 21 through Monday, Jan. 18.
If you test positive for COVID-19 over winter break, you are still required to share that result with the University. Students who test positive for COVID-19 during that time should reach out to Shared Services at 304-293-6006 or SharedServices@mail.wvu.edu. Employees should reach out to Medical Management at 304-293-5700x8 or MedicalManagement@mail.wvu.edu.
You should continue to self-monitor your symptoms each day. If you have common symptoms of COVID-19, you should stay away from others and call your doctor; it may be necessary to get a COVID-19 test. Common COVID-19 symptoms are similar to the common cold, flu and allergies, including:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
In addition, you should continue to follow COVID-19 protocols, including:
- Maintain good personal hygiene by washing you hands for at least 20 seconds and using hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Wear a mask or face covering indoors, in public and around those you don’t live with.
- Maintain at least six feet of distance from others you don’t live with at all times.
If you have COVID-19 related questions during winter break, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.