The University is taking enforcement of COVID-19 protocols very seriously this fall.
● Employees and students will be accountable for the following requirements:
○ COVID-19 education module
○ COVID-19 test and subsequent testing
○ Self-reporting a positive COVID-19 test result
○ Isolation and quarantine periods
○ Contact tracing efforts
○ Proper use of masks/face coverings
○ Local, state and federal physical distancing and maximum crowd size orders
○ Wellness checks
● You can view all requirements and student penalties for failure to comply with those requirements at https://www.wvu.edu/return-to-campus/policies.
● Employees who fail to abide by the safety protocols (e.g., wearing a mask, practicing physical distancing, adhering to WVU’s travel guidelines, etc.) described in the WVU Return to On-Campus Work Playbook will be subject to appropriate disciplinary action including warning, suspension, termination or other disciplinary action as appropriate.
● Additional policies for students living in residence halls are available at: https://www.wvu.edu/return-to-campus/policies/residence-hall-health-and-safety. Enforcement guidelines for employees will be unveiled closer to the start of the fall semester.
● To report a student not following COVID-19 protocols, you can submit a complaint to Student Conduct at https://wvu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3pxfwbAg4ofd9Ot.
● To report faculty who are not following COVID-19 protocols, you can report them to the faculty member’s department chair; a list of department chairs is available on each college/department’s website. We ask that you include the faculty member’s name, how they are breaking protocol and class section/number. If behaviors do not improve, please contact the Provost’s Office at email@example.com and Talent and Culture at firstname.lastname@example.org.
● To report a staff member who is not following the protocols, email email@example.com.
The COVID-19 pandemic is always evolving. Policies, procedures and information are likely to change as we go through the fall. For that reason, it is important you know the latest information. This is part of your personal responsibility for your safety.
For general updates, visit our Return to Campus website.If you have additional questions, visit the Return to Campus website or send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.